Clicky

Friday, January 25, 2013

Every Detail


Small answers to prayer. There were two this morning. Both were seemingly insignificant. Both were small enough to forget. Both, though, showed Your care for the small details of my life. I don’t want to forget that, so I’m journaling them here so I can be reminded later.

I went to bed last night knowing that we had a forecast for overnight snow starting around 3am.  I'm still a little shell-shocked from my 180 on black ice last year.  When I can take my time, it's unnerving enough.  When pressured to get my child to school on time... yikes!  So I drifted off to sleep last night asking that the snow hold off
just until I got my daughter safely to school. When I awoke this morning, I peered through the blinds above my bed.  No fresh snow! And not only did I get my daughter to school on clear roads, but the snow didn't start falling until after I pulled back into our drive.  The big, fluffy flakes started gently falling as I sat in my driveway reading Your word.  Beautiful!  And the timing was oh so cool!

That wasn't the only place I saw You this morning, though. As I drove around Starbucks, intending to take the new step of adding Your name and some scripture to my “Drive-thru Difference” note, I wasn't sure I was actually going to have the courage to go through with it.  So... I silently asked for a certain barista – one that has been especially encouraging. When I pulled around to the window, still hesitating over the note in my shaking hand, there she was! I nervously smiled as I paid for the car behind me and handed over the note.  The barista smiled, promised to give it to the car behind me and told me "God Bless" as I prepared to drive away.  A small detail.  A little encouragement.  Another step forward. :)


And now I sit reflecting… and I remember the scripture that struck me just a few days ago:

“The LORD directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives.” – Psalm 37:23

You delight in every detail of my life! Wow. Thank you, Daddy, for Your whisper this morning! Thank you for showing up in the small details that shouldn’t even matter to a God who has the universe to run!


On those days when the details of my life don’t seem to be working out the way I want them to, I want to remember times like this morning... to know You ARE in the details... You CARE about the details. So if they are not what I think they should be, it's probably either
that I’ve forgotten to bring them to You… or… I just can’t see the bigger picture yet. And... it's okay if I can’t see or understand... as long as I remember that You are God; You are there; and You do care -- right down to the barista! :)

-jenn


P.S.  For the curious... the note I penned for the Drive-Thru Difference this morning read, "You are loved with an everlasting love. (Jeremiah 31:3  Isaiah 55:3)" Go ahead... click on the links... look it up... and know you are loved with an everlasting love... by a God who delights in every detail of your life! :)

1 comment:

  1. Just want you to know your earthly Momma still loves to read your blogs. I am so glad you share so honestly! Love you bunches and you make me SO proud you are our daughter!

    ReplyDelete